Published on April 11th, 2015 | by Mark
Best Albumen Powder Guide for Runners
Proteins are essential nutrition for the human body. An ideal protein nutrition is said to contain all the nine amino acids required for human dietary needs. Protein can be found in whey, soy, casein and also that of ovalbumin found on egg whites. The low calories in white egg protein powder makes it an ideal weight loss partner. And for active people like runners who are always on the go, egg whites conveniently comes in the form of gluten free protein powder.
Table of Contents
- How Much Protein Do Runners Need a day?
- Are There Any Side Effects of Egg white nutrition?
- Common Complaints about Albumen Powder
- Do You Need Protein Supplement To Build Muscle?
- Are expensive protein powders worth it?
- Does Albumen Powder Really Help People Lose Weight?
- What are the best albumen powders in the market?
How Much Protein Do Runners Need a day?
A human body need protein to maintain body growth and development. Active people like athletes and runners needed more calories in egg whites and protein to keep them going. An average healthy person need about 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight. But for optimum requirement of an active body during endurance or intense trainings like running, 1.2 to 1.7 grams is needed for every kilogram of body weight must be attained.
The Egg White Nutrition.
Whole eggs to some people may have that adverse effect on diet in terms of cholesterol and fat. But the most detrimental risks of fat and cholesterol in whole eggs lies only in the yolk. Egg whites may not have that yummy appeal other foods may have but it does offer substantial protein nutrients with no cholesterol and without that much calories in egg whites.
Are There Any Side Effects of Egg white nutrition?
Like many food products that have some adverse effect, egg whites may also have similar effect mainly due to the following causes:
- Raw egg whites like raw whole eggs may be contaminated with the Salmonella that causes food poisoning to humans. The Salmonella bacteria are known to be found and originated in the chicken intestines. The bacteria therefore passes on the chicken feces and the risks of contamination transfers on eggs when chicken sits on the eggs or the eggs will be stained with fecal matters from the chicken.
- Biotin depletion. If egg whites also with whole eggs were eaten raw, it causes biotin depletion in the body. Biotin is the known Vitamin B7, vitamin H or coenzyme R and depletion or malnutrition of this nutrient causes cradle caps to infants. Biotin depletion to adults causes skin disorders such as seborrheic dermatitis, hair loss and in severe cases can cause seizures, lack of muscle tone and coordination, cramps and pain.
- Young children are usually allergic to egg whites but most children will outgrow this allergic reaction before they reach the age of 5.
Why Egg White Powder?
Well, why not? Aside from the messy gooey substance during extraction and separation of egg whites from the whole egg. Egg white powder is a handy and equally healthy alternative to fresh egg whites without the mess.
Common Complaints about Albumen Powder
In picking your choice for the ideal albumen powder, you might want to check also the effect of some substances that you might be adding or mixing on it. Some people have some common mistakes on the following ingredients that are commonly added or mixed with egg white powder:
- Artificial Sweeteners. Acesulfame, aspartame and sucralose are widely known artificial sweeteners. Aspartame for one consists of dual amino acids with added methanol. Ethanol when broken down in the body turns into formic acid and formaldehyde. Both of these substances are inside the body in limited and low manageable levels. Any addition even in small quantity will turn the substance formaldehyde to turn toxic in the body.
- Artificial Flavorings. These are chemically synthesized flavors that really has no health beneficial to the product it was added on but are potentially toxic due to the process they have undergone with. Take for example one process on how to extract vanillin to get that vanilla flavor could require the process of extracting vanillin from cow dung or the fecal matters from the cow. Most are generally chemically induced and synthesized to get the resulting flavor.
- Contrary to many beliefs, the isoflavones dubbed as an anti-nutrient found in soy beans are actually toxin that may cause the red blood cells to clump and block together the synthesis of thyroid hormones, cause infertility and may promote breast cancer.
- A common added ingredient is the so called ‘corn maltodrextrin.’ A highly genetically produced and unnecessary complex carbohydrate that can lead one to gain more weight than shed down those excess fat. And with its high glycemic index, the substance can spike and shoot up your blood sugar. An unforeseen risk especially to diabetics if you’re not careful in what to put in your energy drinks.
Do You Need Protein Supplement To Build Muscle?
And when to take protein powder for muscle gain?
The magic word is ‘supplement’ and it’s there as bright as the sun! Egg white powder is a supplement and therefore necessary only if you are lacking protein in your diet. Most of our everyday food generally carry the protein nutrient we may need. Take for example that sumptuous slice of chicken you’ve munched a while ago which were easily digested by your body and is now building the protein enzymes you needed to grow those muscles. You therefore can get protein in your variety of every day food intake. However due to the proliferation of fast food and ready to eat meals, most people especially in cities and highly urban places, people often eat food with the wrong nutrients in the wrong proportion making them either over or under nutrition on some dietary nutrients. And in this context, supplementation nutrition comes in best along with after a medical diagnosis.
Are expensive protein powders worth it?
The nutritional content will not matter if they have one and the same source but basically differs in product processing, price labeling and packaging. It is however worthy to note to choose a protein powder that contains most protein in it. A protein powder could either be isolate or concentrate. Isolate protein powder contains over 90% protein. Whereas, protein powder concentrate may contain between 30% and 85% of the protein nutrients.
Does Albumen Powder Really Help People Lose Weight?
Protein is an essential nutrient in the human diet and as such must be included in the food we eat for nourishment and manage our body metabolism. Losing weight through diet and regulated nutrition like egg whites greatly depend on the condition of your body after a sound diagnosis and guidance from your physician. Some individuals may need protein supplementation. As suggested by medical experts from the University of Illinois and published on the Journal of Nutrition, eating high quality protein may aid in keeping the muscle lean and reduce fat in combination with a weight loss program which ideally consist the combination of a balanced diet, exercise and your thought, belief and perseverance in attaining your weight loss goals.
What are the best albumen powders in the market?
To help you decide on which egg white powder to look for in market, below are two of the best
brands we could suggest:
Jay Robb Egg White Protein
Derived from eggs of organic and natural grown farm chickens, the Jay Robb Egg White Protein comes in economically resealable pouches for all sizes of the product. The goodness of Jay Robb Egg White Protein are listed as follows:
- First class powdered protein.
- All natural flavor systems.
- Flash pasteurized with no additional heating towards the final processing phase of the product production.
- Free from genetically modified organisms (Non-GMO).
- Zero fat.
- No Cholesterol.
- Made with stevia. Contains no sugar and artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose or acesulfame-K.
- Contains only 1 gram of carbohydrate per 33 grams of serving.
- Proven delicious and easy to mix protein powder.
- In handy easy to keep resealable pouch containers.
- In harmony with Mother Nature and in keeping the environment free from product container littering, empty refill canisters are being sold separately as an option.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Egg Protein
Each scoop of ON Gold Standard 100% Egg Protein offer power packed nutrition to keep one lean and fit. Other great benefits of the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Egg Protein are listed below:
- Bestselling protein powder in the market.
- Great tasting and reasonably priced.
- One of the most trusted and respected brand on protein powder over the years.
- Packed with protein isolates for optimum nutrient provision.
- Easy to mix powdered protein.
- Naturally free with lactose.
- Packs as much as 6 egg whites with only half a gram of fat and no saturated fat.
- More than 5 grams of branched chain amino acids (BCAAS) in the formula.
- Glutamine and glutamic acid included.
Protein powder is one of the most valuable nutrient needed by the body and thanks to modern technology the benefit of conveniently scooping the handy processed white egg protein powder is now ready to serve anytime, anywhere we want to have it. An efficient weight loss aide, egg whites is but just the perfect nutritive alternative in every weight loss program.
Image Credit: Herc by ccdoh1, on Flickr